Sunday, March 20, 2005

Formal dressing on Sunday

After 5 days of formal dressing, if one ask me to dress similarly on a weekend, I’ll say, “Forget it”. If I happen to work on Saturdays’ then the dress code is jeans and t-shirt. So it’s a strict no no to formal dressing during weekends.

On some Sundays I need to attend a study circle meet, which is organised by our Institute and its compulsory for the CAs’ to be present there. Believe me, for 90% of the times it is a pain to attend those seminars, which are boring and humdrum to the core. Since it’s a compulsion, the hall is packed with CAs aged from 21 yrs to 61 yrs, with most of the professionals dressed in white – grey kind of formals. They can’t let go the formal tag even on Sundays. This is so un-cool.

I also unwillingly spoil my Sunday morning sleep and go there at 9.00. I feel it’s criminal to get up so early on Sunday. I always reach late, and I’m always in casuals, bright coloured t-shirt, jeans and sport shoes. No bag, no pen, sometime I carry newspaper to pass my time. As I enter, the seniors in the profession glare at me, with a taunting look. I also express my “who cares” attitude. The only good thing about the seminar is the free morning breakfast, but still it’s not worth my morning sleep.

This Sunday also I along with my friends went for the seminar, however, the seminar was scheduled on Saturday. It was so horrible; we spoiled our morning sleep and came all the way. But it was mistake on our part for not checking the meeting schedule.

What to do was the next question! After coming all the way to Andheri, going back home was the last resort. We decided for watching back-to-back movie, morning shows. I’m a movie freak anyways.

We went for the morning 11.00 show of ”White Noise” at Fun republic, starring Rahul Bose. The movie was not upto my expectations. These guys are making scrap in the name of “Conventional” cinema. Then we rushed to 24 Carat at Jogeshwari, for ”Socha na tha”. We reached 20 min late, but there was a scheme for morning show, buy one ticket and get one free. Any thing for a free movie ticket ;-) The movie is cool time pass fun movie.

So it was my second consecutive Sunday with back-to-back 2 movies. I love it. I suggested for another movie at 4 PM at Fame Adlabs, and almost got kicked out.

Thankfully I was not in formals, its so yaks to watch a movie in formal dressing on a Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger strawy said...

in that case i m opposite , i love dressing ,being tip top,just love dressing ..hehehe

n p00 me 1st again here, yeppieeee

st000nie

3:12 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home