Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Strange policies on laptops

I never thought I would be working on a laptop that has no CDROM access, no floppy access, no USB port, Infra red port denied. Gosh! This is so sick. After working on a laptop for more than 16 months I have to forgo the said benefits.
Why?
Company policy, of course! Can’t I understand it’s a matter of data and information security!

If you think I work for a company, which is into defence or which handles highly confidential matters than, that’s completely absurd. Our company is just similar to many of the MNC operating in India. Actually it’s not similar, what am I saying? How can it be similar?

Firstly, they provide low-end laptops, which are bulky and heavier, but cheapest in price. I already have a back pain carrying it all the way to my home and back. (Almost 25kms one side)
Then, they expect to us to work during any time of the day because we have a laptop.
Then, they deny all the access to CDROM etc etc…This is the most disgusting thing, I can’t watch movies, play games, download exe file as no administrator’s right, transfer photos from mobile phone.

Then what I’m supposed to do.
Work on my excel sheets that’s it. Laptop is not given for personal purpose; it’s for strictly official purpose, why I’m failing to understand that.
But then if that’s the truth, let me work only during official time of 9 to 5, why slaughtering my personal time with official work.

This gruesome news has definitely disappointed me to the core. If someone wants to do some fraud, he will do it in spite of all the precautions, else give someone all the freedom and he will know the restrictions. It’s a matter of integrity.

But I still fail to understand what these companies policy are for. I feel it means, heads they win, tails we loose.

2 Comments:

Blogger strawy said...

aawwwwwwww no 1 commented on this post , bad bad ppl ... but let me be 1st ... yeppieeeeeeeeee

3:05 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger strawy said...

laptop suckzz big time ... pc is much better ..lolzzz

3:06 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home