Saturday, April 16, 2005

Another close miss

I was on my way to home in the evening. The traffic lights below the Andheri fly over turned green and all the front bike riders accelerated their bikes like anything. I was also one of them, and in no time my bike reached the speed of 40-50. I was taking the right turn, and suddenly saw that there is a 15-20 inches wide dug patch. It was impossible to stop the bike and was sure that I’ll encounter another accident. But my bike stunts and presence of mind came to my rescue. In the last few seconds when I reached the dug patch, I stood on the bike, lifted my ass and stood on the foot stand. The bike went into the dug patch and came out as it was on speed and there was no weight on the seat. I could control it after some shakes and shocks.

My heart almost skipped a beat and the moment I was out of it and in full control, I was so thrilled. I couldn’t believe my luck that I was out of it. I still believe that 7 out of 10 times bike will fall in such situation. Thanks to BMC for doing such hopeless works.

I’m not a rash kind of rider but can drive real rash if required. I generally drive fast and have even practised few bike stunts very religiously. My favourite is riding the bike without holding it. It is possible when the bike is in good speed. My favourite pose is keeping my elbows on my thighs and my face resting on my palms -as if some one is sitting on a desk. I also like to ride standing on the foot stand. I do this in my colony quite often and specially when the bike is in speed and there is a speed breaker ahead.

I want to learn 2 more stunts, one is to skid the bike and second is to drive the bike with the front wheel in the air, balancing only on the back wheel. I can learn the first one from my best pal who is an absolutely cool rider, I don’t know from whom to learn the second, which is also quite risky.

It’s rightly said, learning never go waste, no matter even if it’s learning some stunts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought you are going to do the second stunt today moring when you came behind me ....broom broom ....

2:42 AM, April 18, 2005  
Blogger strawy said...

ufffffffff .... hugss my p00 baby


st000nie

3:47 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home