Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Calming Retreat

Last week I was in Pune and those few days have been the best for me this year so far. I stayed at Koregaon Park. I didn’t got much time to roam about in Pune except for the late night bike rides, some shopping at MG road and that’s all. But I enjoyed thoroughly in Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar. The climate was so cool and romantic, I felt like spending my entire life there. After being in traffic and rush hours of Mumbai, to be on a hill station was like heaven. I was surrounded by complete peace and beauty (including natures ;-)).


Mahabaleshwar

We were 5 of us, had hired a Tata Sumo and freaked out completely. Reaching there via the beautiful ghats is a fun in itself. Freaking on strawberries, Mapro squashes and garam garam bhuttas. Sitting on horse and riding on horse cart was entertaining too. I love horses. If I happen to earn good handsome green bucks in life, I will definitely buy a cottage in a hill station with open space and a black horse. Wow! (Now Puneet, come back to reality).

We just made one overnight stay over there, so had to rush up a bit to cover all the tourist points. I would love to ride on my bike over there along with my girlfriend. I was wondering that the place would be heaven during the rains. It’s a bit risky too.

After returning from Mahabaleshwar we rushed for Shirdi overnight. Being in Shirdi is always great. But, every time I go there and miss the morning aarti. Next time I’ll make sure to attend it. We were in Shirdi for a day and then returned back to Mumbai.

I really wish I could have narrated the complete story of what all had happened but I know there are some people keeping an eye on me to screw up my happiness, so I had to cut short a lot of things.

1 Comments:

Blogger strawy said...

i heard alot about mahabaleshwar ,,, seems like cool hill station .... hope to c it live someday ...
nice post


st000nie

4:15 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home