Monday, April 04, 2005

I’m not Bajirao

My friend had got a couple’s pass from office for this show. She had to attend it due to some official reason and called me in the morning to come along. Thank god! She told me about the dress code and all, I never thought watching a play requires a dress code. But this was different; Citi group had sponsored this play for its premium clients - top businessmen of the cities.

Anyways, guys have horrible dress sense; I always consult my female friends or sister if I’m unsure about what to wear. Which means most of the time I consult ;-). Strange, my girl friend is into fashion designing. Hope I’ll learn something from her.

The play was at JW Marriot, and you can imagine the crowd invited over there. After some formal introductions, the play began at 9 PM. The play was rocking right from the start. It was too fundu. One can’t stop laughing right from the start till the end. It starred Bomin Irani and Sudhir Joshi as the main characters. The play is a big hit in Mumbai. It has been running successfully for years.

Adapted from Herb Gardener’s I’m not Rappaport, I’m not Bajirao tickle the senses and laughter that has been suppressed for long. The story revolves around two old men, One Parsi and Other Maharashtrian. Two friends sitting on a park bench look at life as it had passed them by. They encounter Junkies and Goondas, they prank with head of building secretary, make witty arguments with own daughter and helps a young girl out. Both Bomin Irani and Sudhir Joshi are amazing in their performances; both are a treat to watch.


I'm not Bajirao

I love to watch plays and take part in it. But gone are those days when I used to do a lot of stage shows and programmes. Stage shows are always great fun, whether to watch or to be a part of it. The best part of it is, what ever happens is live and only in one take. If you blunder or goof up, you have to rectify that there it self, and do that in a style that audience doesn't notice the blunder.

I think I should take out more time for the plays than watching sick movies in the movie halls.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I remember, when we were in 10th, there was one gal in ur building who used to organise such plays n u used to act in them. Though I didnt got chance to see u act, but had got good reviews frm other guys in the class...

Regarding [i]Bajirao[/i]...myself haven't seen any plays for quite a long time...though have good ones burnt on CD's..but still nothing can match watching play in a theatre

6:42 AM, April 04, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

Arjun...You never complimented me during those days...Ya I still remember the fun it used to be while doing plays... i'll take cd frm u wen ever v meet
thanx for the compliment.. better late than never ;-)

12:28 AM, April 05, 2005  
Blogger strawy said...

wat bajirao ???
oopsssyyyy


st000nie

4:18 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home