Monday, May 09, 2005

Galli Cricket is back…

Once again I’m back into cricket fever, and am loving it. This time it’s not about watching Indian team loosing but playing cricket on the weekends. Every year in my building we have cricket tournaments. The rules are pretty simple, 1 drop catch out, runs are scored if ball hits the bat, 2 runs if ball crosses a certain distance and four runs if it crosses the boundary. Hitting six is out and one can bat for a maximum of 12 balls, 2 innings per match, 12 overs in the first and 8 in the second. 6 wings of the building are divided into 3 teams, 2 matches are played against each team and the top 2 teams play in the final.

Its complete fun, the team consists of boys, girls, uncles and aunties. This year the participation is only from boys and uncles. Every year I used to play only a couple of matches but this time I’ve decided to play all. So far my wing has played three matches, lossing 2 and won 1. On the coming Sunday my wing will play the last league round match and we have to win it to enter the finals. Last Sunday we lost our match by just 5 runs, it was sad, but the match was completely thrilling.

Its really good to have such tournaments, I’m fortunate that my building committee organises it regularly. They also organise tournaments for football, tennis, badminton, carrom, and chess. Apart from cricket my active participation is in chess. I’d won the runner’s up trophy twice. I lost to the same uncle in the finals on both the occasions. He is a state level player. Hope to outsmart him this time.

So after a long time my weekends are ending on a different note, better than watching KJ’s movies, I mean “tauba tauba” ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger strawy said...

lolzz u r a cricket freak too


st000nie

4:25 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home