Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Traffic Jam at Zero hrs

Be it 9 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon or 7 in the evening or 12 in the night, the city never sleeps. Mumbai is known for this and I have my share of experiences too, though bad. The latest was on last Saturday night when I was returning from one of my friend’s wedding to find a horrible traffic jam near Chembur. It was absolutely pathetic with the roads jammed with busses and heavy loaded trucks. Other private vehicles were no less on the road. After a busy tiring day if I am caught in a traffic jam I really feel miserable about it and specially if its mid night.

To my surprise I could figure out traffic police at almost every crossing in Chembur, - confused whether the traffic police came to control the jam or the jam was because of the traffic police operating ;-)

I usually wonder what so many people do at such odd times. Even during peak afternoon on Sundays the roads get blocked - its pathetic, the city is getting horrible day by day to commute. Be it on roads or rails, everything is over crowded. I still remember those days in DTL when we used to work late and return home by standing in the 11:55PM local from Kurla.

I mean peace is just getting stranger to this city.

1 Comments:

Blogger strawy said...

lolzz 1 more post on traffic ... hehhee u seems like a traffick lover ..


st00nie

4:23 PM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home