Saturday, June 04, 2005

SBI – Never thought they are so professional…


Thanks for the helping hand

State Bank of India, the biggest nationalised bank is quite famous for their lethargic work. I was approaching all the banks for housing loan so I thought of giving a try at SBI too… I was just exploring my options and I never thought that I’d finalise my deal with SBI.

Their processing speed and way of dealing was very much different from what they are known in the market. I’m really happy about the whole deal… not only I got the bank which is the most reliable but also probably with the best rates and terms… and the loan got sanctioned and disbursed in less than a fortnight of entering into the agreement for sale of flat.

The best part was that when I interacted with the Branch Manager, he showed a lot of concern and also later made efforts for sanctioning the loan in such a quick time. Thankfully I was not interacting with those typical marketing and sales MBAs’ who most of the time lack complete knowledge about their products and are only bothered with finalising the deal… and of course no irritating phone calls every 3rd day.

After the entire deal got over, I went with a box of sweets for the two mangers, but they refused to accept it as it was against their bank’s policy… after me insisting they accepted just one box that too for their entire staff…

It was a complete professional deal and in a complete professional manner… hats off to SBI… if these guys are gonna work with this zeal I’m sure no other banks will ever come close to them … already they are too tough of a competitor.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Congrats Puneet!!! that you made ur mind for a house :)

But I am even more glad that you shared this experience here as its very often that we brag about bad service and never mention the good expected service ...which I think deserves the same kinda treatment as well..:)
I liked it! Very positive.

2:40 AM, June 12, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

dawn...thanx a ton for your wishes...
ya we have a habbit of critising things and events... and me being a Virgo do it quite often..but I was so happy with SBI that i thought they definitely deserve a mention in my blog...

if i could give an award for the best visitor on my blog i would defintely give it you...
you make it a point of reading all the post... gr8... keep visting
:-)

9:16 PM, June 12, 2005  
Blogger strawy said...

cute kiddo ...n about banks...grrr i know nuthing


st000nie

2:52 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home