Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Back to square one

Hi friendz… I’m back to Mumbai and back to the blogging world. My workload has not reduced but still could sneak out some time for blogging.




I want to share an incident that happened on last Friday eve. I was out @ Food Bazar (FB) to pick up snacks for my weekend travel. FB is a fantastic food mall that makes one purchase more stuff than planned. I was standing in the queue to pay the bill and ahead of me were 3-4 ladies with 2 trolleys full of foodstuff…(as far as I could see most of the stuffs were of free schemes and discounted ones)… I mean it’s their wish to buy whatever they want but not at the time and inconvenience of others. 2 separate bills were prepared (I guess 1 for each trolley), one was paid in full and when it came to the second bill, they fell short of cash.

Then the TP began… they searched all their purses and possible sources for money but were still short by some 40-50 rupees. Then they decided to drop one item… a revised bill was prepared by the cashier… then after some discussion they changed the item to be dropped… for which again the sealed carry bag was unsealed… the item was sorted out and replaced… (I was totally bugged standing there and watching the drama… as if what the F**K going on)… my expression said it all… the cashier was equally bugged but was bound by his duty norms… at times their job gets so painstaking…

It took me more time standing in the queue for paying cash than selecting the items… how can people be so careless that they don’t know how much to buy… it’s so embarrassing at times

I was just imagining had this incidence happened in the street market of CST-Churchgate or Fashion Street… the vendor would have directly said “paise nahin hain to aate kyon ho lene… khali fukat ka time barbaad karne”.

I really feel sorry for those ladies who were so un calculative about their spending… some times getting carried away by the discounts scheme is not worth the embarrassment.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya women can never be changed ... most of them are shopping freak ... that includes me too ...but I never faced such a situation ... Thank God !!!

4:39 AM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

@ hagrid... thanx so much...
it was not that typicall Gal Nagging... they were aunties... ha ha hahahahah

@ Uttara... :-) very rightly said... girls love to shop... i very well know that... good ur not in such situations...

CHEERS......

8:12 AM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Rupa (BNB) said...

havent u heard a old saying "Woman pays 1 pound to buy what she dont need & Man pays 2 pound for what he need"

11:27 PM, July 07, 2005  
Blogger Dawn said...

wow...thats info to me :)..
I love shopping but only If I need to..or else I dont waste my time :) might sound weird...but hey thats me ;)but I would spends hours for bikes hehe...:D
cool post..keep posting!

1:42 PM, July 08, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

@ boldnbeautiful... he he he ya heard very much...
crazy yaar...

@ Dawn... welcome after a long time... spend hours for bikes... wat does that mean...
ur approach cool... its better than window shopping which i hate to the core...

Thanks guys...

3:36 AM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger Manish Kumar said...

Why all the guys think alike on this subject :) :)

11:33 AM, July 09, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

very true Manish... even i agree on that... :-)>

10:09 PM, July 10, 2005  
Blogger Dawn said...

what that means is...I would spend time watchig bikes..rather spending precious time on shopping ;)

lol crazy na..thats me :D

1:26 PM, July 14, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

ooh thats really cool... here our taste matches... i too enjy bikes... driving them more than watching...
one should be crazy... else life would be so boring...
:-))))

11:55 AM, July 15, 2005  
Blogger strawy said...

lolzzz p000 , u r too much ... heyyy that pic is real cool
wat ornament is that ,looks amazing...so beautiful..hehehe


st000nie

9:11 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home