Sunday, July 31, 2005

Rain Rain Go Away… Mumbaities Need Some Relief to Stay


Since Sunday morning it’s pouring and it’s pouring heavily… I know I’ve got some long postings on Mumbai rains… but that’s what is going in my mind since last Tuesday…

Earlier during rains, I used to get so thrilled and used to enjoy it watching pouring all over and even getting wet in rain used to be of great fun but today I’m worried about a lot of things… those people those lives… who are yet trying to recover from the tragic Tuesday, who might have just taken a breath of comfort or not even that, have yet another downpour to confront.

I can nicely enjoy rains standing in my balcony or sitting in my bedroom but somehow I’m not happy to see the rains… Anything, which takes life away or the necessities of life can never bring happiness.

First the downpour, then the blast at Mumbai High, the deadly rumours, the landslide, the airport mishap… what’s more… enough now.
What God is up to he only knows?

The rains have not stopped yet and the city is yet again in Red Alert. Yesterday my sister and some of my friends got SMS from Mumbai Police to not to move out from houses. I didn’t receive any :-(

On Saturday eve, I saw “7 ½ Phere” starring Irfaan Khan and Juhi Chawla, nice TP comedy… looses its track in the second half and things get dragging…lot’s drama.
Good to see India defeating West Indies in Cricket on Sunday. Some consolation for sitting at home ;-)

3-4 Kms away from my office there is a Tabela of buffaloes (Buffaloes Shed) and a lot of them died coz of the rains… there is a fear of epidemics so unless I get a green signal I wont be resuming office.
I already had a very long break… didn’t went to office since Wednesday…
It’s Monday and no Monday blues… only Monday rains are here… our office has declared an off today :-) so my mini vacation continues… don’t know how they will make us compensate for this.

Lets hope the city gets some breathing space…

THANK U BMC (Local Municipal Corp)
THANK U CM (Chief Minister)
So what you did not convert
Mumbai into Shanghai.
U did one step ahead by converting
Mumbai into Venice

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm..have been going through your blog since friday....got onto it through someone else's blog.. you are a good writer....and i like the fact that you write about your personal experiances...but it lacks a touch of the woman who has made you feel love.... would love to know about "her"(girlfriend?)....hope you write aobut her...... an admirer of your blog....

10:48 PM, July 31, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

Thanx so much anonymous for those words...and welcome to my blog.

Don't be so inquisitive... first know about me...

You won't be disappointed...but have patience... i don't know if u know hindi or not... there is a saying "Zada agar apne pyar ka dikhawa karte hain to ussey nazar lagti hain"...

Thanks for your visit... keep coming :-))

7:15 AM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger Sayesha said...

Hey Puneet,
Hope the situation is better now... the rain situation I mean, not the girl situation! :)

7:54 AM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yes...its pouring and seems like now everyone wants to hear to the news that will give some relief!!! for the Mumbaities..!!!

Cricket..well...I think if India wouldnt have won then;;;chulu bhar paani (kher oos se jyada hai ab to )...doob marna chahiye!!!

movie..wow..good way to take away all worries..cheer up

2:12 PM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger Keshi said...

~~Anything, which takes life away or the necessities of life can never bring happiness~~

Very true Puneet. I think ur a bit depressed by the sad situation over there...it's natural...people feel this way when something so tragic happens. It's kind of a shock to ur otherwise peaceful system. Now everything is changed (even tho it's temporarily) n it affects us in some way or the other if not directly.

Guess wut ur doing (movies, blogging etc) is the best way to chill...that's taking ur worries away n taking good care of urself while ur staying at home. I'm proud of ya :) Have u seen 'Fools rush in' starring Salma Hayek n Maththew Perry? It's a romantic comedy...not a new one tho. Get it n see...u can laugh alot n it's funny how true love can be found in the most unexpected places :)

Take care dear...hugggz!
Keshi.

6:27 PM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger Keshi said...

Check the fighting comments :) n ur dance-photos comments.

Keshi.

7:19 PM, August 01, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there !!!
its been a long vacation for me too . i will hv to compensate on all holidays i.e all saturdays n public holiday :( uff!! wat a pathetic situation .. even after we get public holiday our bosses expect us to compensate it .. wat the hell ....anyways it was a beautiful weather .. enjoyed it !! me too recovering .. not completely tho !!! ( leg is still hurting ) :((
Just wish we don't face this this situation again !!!

11:33 PM, August 01, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

@ Sayesha...
Hi... Ya today the situation is better... the rain situation,
girl situation is alwayz the same ;-)
Cheers


@ Dawn...
Well said, Ind Cric team disappoints most of the time... still we watch ;-)
Lets c how they perform in this tournament...
Fortunately today it's not pouring and I've resumed my office...
But still don’t feel like working :-))
Smilz


@ Keshi...
"Fools Rush In" - I’ve heard abt it, not seen... wil have to check my friend's cd library ;-)
Salma Hayek is Hot...

Things over here have made me a bit depressed, one of my very good friend's cousin expired due to this rains... + today in office came to knw that a Housekeeping guy got drowned on Tuesday...

Wen u see things by urself it takes some time to come out of it...

and dear I've replied to all ur comments incl the one on Dawn's blog.. cheers

Hugggzzzz


@ Uttara....
Hi....
that's pathetic... working on public holidays and sat..
how our office will make us compensate we don't know... lets c...
true... no1 wants to face this again... cheers and take care of ur leg...


CHEERS :-)>

3:10 AM, August 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man .. i hate to wrk after a week off ... its boring ...
71/2 phere wat a risk ??hehehe...
only 1 movie this week ... thats sad ???
cheers dear!!! ;)

3:25 AM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

ya i can understand how ur feeling... same is with me
the risk was worth...
tk care
cheers

5:40 AM, August 02, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

hi Hagrid...
Welcome after a long time...
Most of the monsoon break was spent with blogging ;-)

good to c u back... cheers

1:37 PM, August 03, 2005  
Blogger strawy said...

god save bombay from rains n monsoons


st000nie

9:20 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home