Sunday, September 04, 2005

Happy Teacher’s Day

5th September, birth anniversary of Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, is celebrated as Teacher’s Day all around the country. This day holds a very special importance for me, coming from a background where teaching is taken as a profession by most of my family members.

Teacher’s lays the foundation stone in everybody’s life… and I feel the best teachers are our parents…we learn so much from them, observing them, asking them, arguing with them, and at times by simply blindly complying with them…

I could recall a Doha for this…
"Guru Govind Dohu Khade
Kake Lagu Paye
Balihari guru aapno
Jo Govind Diyo bataye"
This means: If my Teacher and God both are standing in front of me than I would bow and take blessings of my Teacher first, coz it’s the teacher who has shown me the path to God (some what like this).

I take this opportunity to Thank all my teachers …
Today whatever I have achieved they have a role to play it that… and it is their teachings and blessings which has helped me to reach wherever I’m.

This day is so special for me for another reason. From 1997 to 2001 I’ve performed on the annual cultural program, which we used to have on 5th Sept. Today sitting in office I’m feeling so dull, I used to be fully charged up on this day, taking control of the entire cultural program, right from compeering the shows to acting and directing stage plays, to fusion dance, to reciting poems… nothing was left untouched… the amount of fame I used to get on this day was exceptional… my self-confidence got a great boost due to these activities.

When I compeered a show for the first time my cousin was in 4th Std., and today he will performing for the first time on stage… I wish him success and good luck.

Last year, we 4 friends who were together during our CA days, met and called our teachers… today also I’ll be calling my Chachu from whom I’ve learned so much, not only professionally but also personally… and ofcourse my parents, who have always guided me and supported me…

My teachers, I love you for everything and I thank you for making my life a beautiful place to live in.

14 Comments:

Blogger tulipspeaks said...

me first!!!!!!!!!!!!

2:39 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Ar Ar Ar Arrrrr said...

I just droppped mail to ma teachers wishing them on this day. Had planned to write a post tooo...but it would've become more senti...hehehe

Last night was plannign to sketch Abdul Kalam Azad...but then went to sleep on da sketching pad itself :)


Anyway....Happy teachers day!!
Whatever Im today is coz of ma teachers and there faith in me. No wonder its been such a long time, but they never fail to call me whereever I am.

I shuold feel lucky na??

Greetz to Puneet for this post.
Take care buddy!!

3:34 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Rupa (BNB) said...

happy Teacher's day :)

4:02 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

Amutha
First but not comments :-(


arz000n
I was expecting some posts on Teacher's day but didn't found any... :-(

Hey once u complete the sketch publish on ur blog...

Infact I had lots to write but felt short of time...

Ye u should feel lucky...
If after years we meet our teachers and wen they recall us my our names... wow it feels so amazing :-)>

Have Fun
Cheers


BnB
Smilzzz
Cheers

6:49 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger strawy said...

happy teachers day to u too p0000
hugzzzz

st000nie

7:44 AM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Keshi said...

Teachers can be in any form...parents r also teachers so r u to me Puneet....and all the blog mates who teach me everyday...

Happy teachers' Day to all! And THANK YOU for teaching me about things I never knew or thought too deep about...u r the reason behind my knowledge.

Keshi

4:56 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger saurav said...

Happy Teachers' Day.....

6:48 PM, September 05, 2005  
Blogger Mridula said...

I wish your teacher's would get to read this. So nice for them to have a student like you.

11:57 PM, September 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To puneetdreamz

came across from sayesha blog… didn’t knew there was another puneet in the Blogsville nice meeting.. ya….

Yeah teachers are wonderful people even thought ( during class…some I use to get bored in their lecture fell a sleep… some use to annoy with test and more test ) but when one look back now… each of them taught more important lesion which would stay forever contributed to the person I am really thankful to all

From :
Puneetworld

lol it made me laugh writing this comment specially the to and from ..part :-p

2:21 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

Strawy
Thanks dear
Huggggzzzzz


Keshi
Well said babezzz....
Thank u and I wish you the same...
Learnt so much from you and its so nice to know a beautiful person like you :-)>


Avik
:-)> Smilzzzz


Mridula
Hi, Welcome to my blog
Thank u thats so sweet.
Take care


puneetworld
I was laughing too reading your post...
gosh this name is so damn common I always had a tough time searching for a good email id ;-)

Nice meeting you :-) and thanks for sharing your thoughts...
Cheers
Puneetz

5:35 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger :) said...

nice post.. happy teachers day punnu..
yes u r write.. wtr we r today .. is bcoz of them..

Last night was plannign to sketch Abdul Kalam Azad...but then went to sleep on da sketching pad itself :) ...oooo sleepy boy:)

:)

10:46 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice post puneet
we celebrate "Guru purnima" teachers day few days earlier acc to our nepali calendra and had a blast on that day
these kind of celebration also makes the teacher and students relation more stronger, it's the day for florishing respect and love

bye
take care

11:43 AM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yes, indeed Puneet...hence..Happy Teachers Day to All...as we learn from everyone if we wish to :)

Cheers!

12:33 PM, September 06, 2005  
Blogger PuNeEt said...

Pari
Thank you so much...
Where were you BTW...
disappeared suddenly

z000nie might be thinking of some1 and got so lost that he slept...
wish he could skech that some1 and post on his blog ;-)
hehehehe


Nitika
hi... u too after a long time
waise I was busy too...
That's real cool... heard about Guru Purnima
actually I miss those celebrations a lot...
thanks for sharing
take care
Cheers

Dawn
Thank you dear...
As I mentioned on ur blog, felt nice to see your post on teacher's day
smilzzz
Cheers

1:05 PM, September 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home